Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Strange bugg with asp.net in Visual Studio

Hi,
I would appreciates some hints or help regarding a strange behaviour in
visual studio dotnet when using asp.net. I'm working with authentication
and somewhere in the process the framework goes nuts. Let me explain the
behaviour for you.
First you have a register page in the root of your project. Next you
have a folder named MemberPages and in this folder a login.aspx page.
And then you have welcome.aspx page.
You have a web.config and set restricion for anonymous users that
redirect to the login page.
If you compile and run the project you get the following error:
Could not load type 'GrundSys01.MemberPages.login'.
Ok and then you remove the login.aspx and rename the folder to MyPages
and then add a new login.aspx page and set it to start page.
Compile and run the project. Page displays fine.

Now why is that and what do I need to do?
I have tried to remove temporary files in framwork folder without
success.

I would appreciate if you could spend a little time to help me on this.

Regards
Andla

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!Hi Andla,
It looks like a namespace problem.Check your project
properties and the inherits property of the page
directive on your login page.

Regards
-Narayana
>--Original Message--
>Hi,
>I would appreciates some hints or help regarding a
strange behaviour in
>visual studio dotnet when using asp.net. I'm working
with authentication
>and somewhere in the process the framework goes nuts.
Let me explain the
>behaviour for you.
>First you have a register page in the root of your
project. Next you
>have a folder named MemberPages and in this folder a
login.aspx page.
>And then you have welcome.aspx page.
>You have a web.config and set restricion for anonymous
users that
>redirect to the login page.
>If you compile and run the project you get the following
error:
>Could not load type 'GrundSys01.MemberPages.login'.
>Ok and then you remove the login.aspx and rename the
folder to MyPages
>and then add a new login.aspx page and set it to start
page.
>Compile and run the project. Page displays fine.
>Now why is that and what do I need to do?
>I have tried to remove temporary files in framwork
folder without
>success.
>I would appreciate if you could spend a little time to
help me on this.
>Regards
>Andla
>*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com
***
>Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
>.
Thanks for your answer.
I have tested different namespace adjustment without any success. Also
I'm not sure how this can be a namespace problem because that it fails
only if the folder name is MemberPages. Any other name do fine. Also I
have made a search for 'MemberPages' string in the root because I
suspected that this laid hidden somewhere. Any file containing this
string was either changed or deleted and still the same problem appeared
again.
Maybe I should check the registry and remove any key containing this
string.
Don't really know what more I can do.

Regards
Andla

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment