Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Strange behaviour of a dropdown list (again!)

I am steadily building up a full asp,net-based Web application.

I have a page within this application which has dropdownlist, data-bound to a query against the underlying database.

When I go there via the 'Interlink Button'on my home page, it fails, saying that the 'SelectCommand' has not ben activated.

However, when I go to it directly by selecting its URL in MSIE, it operates perfectly.

What is causing this anomaly?Looks like a problem with a DataAdapter somewhere, are you binding this dropdownlist with a dataset? Nothing is stopping you from doing this, but depending on the situation, it may be a little overkill. Have you tried just using a datareader?
There was a problem with file names, which I hadn't picked up.

It's working perfectly now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment