Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Strange bugg with asp.net in Visual Studio

Hi Andla,
It looks like a namespace problem.Check your project
properties and the inherits property of the page
directive on your login page.
Regards
-Narayana
>--Original Message--
>Hi,
>I would appreciates some hints or help regarding a
strange behaviour in
>visual studio dotnet when using asp.net. I'm working
with authentication
>and somewhere in the process the framework goes nuts.
Let me explain the
>behaviour for you.
>First you have a register page in the root of your
project. Next you
>have a folder named MemberPages and in this folder a
login.aspx page.
>And then you have welcome.aspx page.
>You have a web.config and set restricion for anonymous
users that
>redirect to the login page.
>If you compile and run the project you get the following
error:
>Could not load type 'GrundSys01.MemberPages.login'.
>Ok and then you remove the login.aspx and rename the
folder to MyPages
>and then add a new login.aspx page and set it to start
page.
>Compile and run the project. Page displays fine.
>Now why is that and what do I need to do?
>I have tried to remove temporary files in framwork
folder without
>success.
>I would appreciate if you could spend a little time to
help me on this.
>Regards
>Andla
>*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.examnotes.net
***
>Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
>.
>Thanks for your answer.
I have tested different namespace adjustment without any success. Also
I'm not sure how this can be a namespace problem because that it fails
only if the folder name is MemberPages. Any other name do fine. Also I
have made a search for 'MemberPages' string in the root because I
suspected that this laid hidden somewhere. Any file containing this
string was either changed or deleted and still the same problem appeared
again.
Maybe I should check the registry and remove any key containing this
string.
Don't really know what more I can do.
Regards
Andla
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.examnotes.net ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment